3.10.2006

so, i was on a golden streak. one of those where all falls into place and body, mind and spirit are one and im smiling at random cracks in the street that make me think of bunnies and shit. a good fucking week. then, food poisoning.

now, all in all im one to roll with the punches but my stomach has been getting a beat-down from mike tyson (pre face-tatoo era) and the psycho will not quit. while many of you might not want to read on, i suggest you do cause this is one of those times where you can laugh at me and not with me...hopefully theres more of the latter.

so, i wake up in this mountain town with tiered land on the cliffs of volcanoes, crops are rotating and coffee beans are drying and yielding that all-too sweet smell that makes you want to make love outside and i try to bend my torso and yelp like an alley cat that was just stepped on by the out-of-town drunk, not even the local (there are so many folks passed-out here that im no longer shocked to see folks step over their heads to get to the nearest store) drunk where there was already some relationship established.

i think to myself that i can make it to the next town that has this night market where all is lit-up by candles that are held in these local baskets and i just think that will dreamy, truly. so, i pack my shit rolling humpback style cause i literally cannot stand up straight and chug some water and breathe halfway and want to cry and find the bus. i chat with the driver who tells me he thinks there are hotels in this town and im like, "lets roll daddy, starter-up". and my man and i roll in the bus early morning style. he drops me off and what i find out is that NO, there are no hotels and i have two options, turn back or move on and of course i chose move on.

i have no energy at this point so in my mind im like, were moving on but that is not happening. an old woman expresses her pity for me as she sees me fetal laying on my bag and staring at a wheel to an abandoned truck. we chat for a while and she confirms that i gotta move on. so, after a few i get the energy to catch a bus that takes me to this town that in the lonely planet reads -- hot town that you do not want to stay in.

so, im like, lets make it home. i get dropped off in the second tier of hell in a zillion degree weather and i feel lucky i still have my teeth. dodgy as folks, dodgy. i found a taxi, first ive taken since i got here, and we roll to a hotel that is one of the nicer ones. i drop my 12 bucks cause they got tv and a fan and im happy like tucan sam.

i lay down and of course have to use the bathroom and low and behold, there is no water!!! no running water for shit (or to handle it). and im left to my own creative devices. the only thing this hotel had going for it other than cable was a huge mango tree. that, i only saw when i left. i spent the next 20 hours balled-up sweating and trying to drink around 8 ounces of water. shat my brains out but i did sleep and got to watch random movies in spanish and pat myself on the back cause i could understand what was going on.

the hour before i left the water came on and i got a shower adn the first flush of the season. that hotel will be in my mind for a long, long time. i think i might of hit rock bottom in some ways and so im looking forward to embracing the cracks in the road again.

No comments: